Bodycam Footage Shows US Police Officer Shot Four Times By Suspect (VIDEO)

Warning: Distressing and Graphic content

A police officer’s camera glasses captured the heart-stopping moment he was shot four times but amazingly survived.

Malcolm Antwan Orr, 29, fired eight bullets at Quincy Smith, striking the officer four times on New Year’s Day last year in Estill, South Carolina.

Orr had continued to talk on the phone while unloading his gun into Smith, who sustained a life-threatening neck wound and two broken arms in the shocking attack, according to the Daily Mail.

The officer’s camera glasses, which he bought from Amazon, captured the moment he was hit and his desperate plea to an emergency dispatcher, asking them to tell his family that he loved them, as he lay bloody waiting for help.

The footage was used in the trial against Orr and he was handed a 35-year prison sentence on Wednesday.

Smith was responding to a call about a suspicious person after Charles Party Shop informed police a man was snatching groceries from people’s hands, reported the State.

Orr was spotted walking away from the store and fit the description of the suspect, leading Smith to order him to stop.

However, Orr did not heed Smith’s command and kept walking away while he had his cell phone to his ear.

Smith can be heard several more times in the video, yelling at Orr to stop and remove his hands from his pocket.

The officer gave Orr one more final warning that he would be forced to use a Taser if he didn’t comply with his demands.

Orr looks over at Smith and draws a pistol, firing at the officer eight times. Two of those shots were fired when Smith was on the ground.

Smith then falls to the ground and screams into his radio that shots were fired.

He is heard panting and yelling as he runs back to his squad car to report that he was shot, with his bloody hands appearing in the video frame.

Smith sounds as if he is about to pass out, telling the dispatcher that he was hit in the neck and had two broken arms.

Smith moves away from the car and quietly tells the emergency team: “Tell my family that I love them.”

Smith is heard panting and yelling as he ran back to his squad car to report that he was shot, with his bloody hands appearing in the video frame.

Amazingly, Smith survived the shooting.

Duffie Stone, the 14th Circuit Solicitor, said in a press release: “If but not for the grace of God and some very good doctors, this would not only have been a murder case, but a death penalty case.”

Orr was convicted of attempted murder and possession of a weapon during commission of a violent crime, reported the Charlotte Observer.

He was sentenced to serve 35 years in prison on Wednesday.

At the time of the shooting, Orr had two pending 2013 charges of grand larceny and possession of prison contraband, reported South Carolina Radio Network.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: