As Donald Trump officially takes office, one of the first and most important decisions he will have to make is who he will appoint to the Supreme Court to replace Justice Antonin Scalia.
Names have been floating around for months and a decision on the crucial pick is considered imminent.
One of the reasons Trump won was because of the Scalia vacancy and other potential vacancies that will arise on the Supreme Court over the next 4 to 8 years.
Today a new name broke through as a favorite, it is an unfamiliar name to most, but it is a proven judge with a solid conservative background.
Here are the important facts about Neil Gorsuch:
- Graudated from Harvard Law School.
- Clerked for Supreme Court Justices Byron White and Anthony Kennedy.
- Served in the Bush Administration Justice Department
- Appointed to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals By President George W. Bush in 2006 and was confirmed by the Senate via voice vote.
- Is considered to be a “feeder judge” whose clerks eventually go on to work with Supreme Court Justices
- Wrote a book on the legality of euthanasia and doctor-assisted suicide.